Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A New Kind of Penguin

This may come as a shock to you, but I think that a new breed of penguin has been discovered!!!

What? You haven't heard about it yet?

Well, I found out in a rather unexpected way. The other day I was at Whole Foods in Sugar Land killing some time with Amanda (That place is a little on the expensive side for me... and I don't care if my food is made out of preservatives or rice flax or whatever, so long as it tastes good!). We were walking around looking at all of the expensive organic food, and then we decided to meander over to the toy section where they have organic toys I guess. While we were over there I picked up a toy that and this is what it looked like-


Please note that there was no doctoring of this photo, and that the tag was attached to the "Emperor Penguin".

So what do you think? Cool new penguin? Deformed penguin? Or.... Whale Shark?

I'm gonna go with Whale Shark.

But this brings up something that is up for debate in some circles. For me it isn't. That is, the "Uniqueness of Christ". Which means that Christ's role as savior is His and His alone - it is not up for debate. You can't say that, "Well, Christ works for me, but if he doesn't for you, then whatever you believe is also right."

I don't want to get into politics, but for me there is a passage that sums it up - 
"I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. No one come to the Father, but through me." John 14:6.

Scripture is clear that there is only one way to salvation. We have been given a wonderful gift in Christ. For me that gift has meant more than I can write down in this last paragraph, but I will try to summarize. It means that I have a rock to crash upon in times of turmoil. It means that I have someone rejoicing with me in all my successes. He has been the foundation of my marriage. It means that I can look forward to the day I am in heaven. But most of all, it means I am loved.

1 comment:

The Joiners said...

Ha ha amusing segue, but great post! And the funny thing is that when I first started reading this, I thought it was on another person's blog (with a similar blog title), and I was baffled that someone else had found the same penguin/whale at Whole Foods while hanging out with an Amanda... until I looked back up at the header and realized I was reading your blog. I'm dumb.

Anyway, I love you!