Thursday, July 22, 2010

World Cup Hero

So the World Cup has come and gone, and I find myself missing it. I really enjoyed watching those games early in the morning and then again in the middle of the day. I think my interest in watching soccer has probably never been higher than it is right now actually. There were a few heroes from this past world cup, and I thought I would share them with you. So here goes...

1. Vuvuzelas! I have seen a couple of MLS games on TV and without the buzz, it just doesn't feel the same. I also keep imagining what it would be like if fans brought 10,000 of them to a college (let's just imagine for the sake of imagining that this college is Texas A&M) football game and blew the crud out of them. Sounds like fun to me.

2. Paul the Octopus! If you haven't heard by now, there was this octopus that correctly picked the winner of something like 6-7 matches in a row. Pretty dang cool.

3. Spain! Hey, they won, so I think that qualifies. And I was rooting for them because my wife spent a summer there in college. Which leads me to my last hero.

4. Amanda, and her World Cup bracket! Before the World Cup started some friends and I filled out brackets to see who could accurately predict the most winners. Well I filled out two. One with Amanda's help, and one without her help - she didn't know that I filled out the second one without her until later. I say until later because she found out when I informed her that after the second round, the bracket she helped me fill out was in last place. She was a little upset and maybe a little mad that I filled another one out because she felt like it made her look dumb, and me smarter because my bracket was better. However, when it was all said and done, it was just the opposite. Her bracket came in second place and mine near the bottom. That should teach me!

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the world cup as well. Anything you miss about it?

1 comment:

The Joiners said...

I am the best bracket-picker in the world. Ever. Besides whoever came in first... oh, and besides the octopus.