Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Foodie in Me

Lately for some strange reason I have been watching an inordinate amount of the Food Network. I can't tell you why I have been doing this, other than I guess I like to imagine I can make all the things that they make and then afterwards I will eat it! Seriously though, I was watching Guy Fieri the other night and he made what looked like the most delicious quesadilla that has ever been conceived by man. And he made some sweet cherry glazed short ribs. And he made some kind of crazy margarita. All I know is that my mouth was watering and I was wishing that I could be in that studio during the filming.

Along the same lines, I was at HEB the other day trying to decide what kind of ice cream I wanted. I was flip flopping between cookies and cream and this flavor I had never heard of before. The flavor - bunuelos and cream. Being the savy person I am, I figured it had to be some amazing tex-mex sweetness inside, and after a quick google search on the trusty iPhone, I found out that bunuelos are like a mexican fritter (basically some fried flour tortillas with cinnamon and sugar), so this was pretty much fried ice cream. I was pumped. After I got the ice cream back home, and popped it open, my taste buds rejoiced. They rejoiced so much that I had to know how to make some home made bunuelos. So, I hopped on the Mac and looked up the recipe, and decided that I was going to make some for myself. And that is where I lost motivation... But, I do plan on making some this week, and I will let everyone know how they turned out.

I bet you have never read a blog entry about bunuelos before!

In other news, if you have ever read my wife's blog then you know that we have some "friends" that we talk to on a regular basis. One in particular, Baby Dinosaur, was pretty excited the other day when he saw this video. You see, BD as we so affectionately call him, is an aspiring baseball player, and he dreams of pitching in the major leagues one day. That video further inspired him.

And last but not least, check out this website www.newfortbendchurch.org to learn a little bit more about what we have been working on doing at the church plant. See you later friends!

P.S. I think I will start consistently posting my fantasy baseball pickup of the week each week. So get used to it!

This week for hitters it is Edwin Encarnacion and for pitchers it is John Ely. Encarnacion is subject to hot and cold streaks and now he is hot. Cut him when he gets cold!

2 comments:

The Joiners said...

I bet BD is pretty excited to have gotten a blog shout-out from you :)

Bryan said...

I may have to investigate this ice cream you speak of. Is it Blue Bell?